Monday, July 12, 2010

Day 31










Today I went sailing! All the way up in City Island, I met Tom and Yuka for a day sailing on one of Tom's catamarans floating in the harbor. Such a beautiful little town, with that typical fishing town vibe where everyone knows everything and everyone. But, before I go on, I have to mention that I, at last, found my perfect bicycle! In the middle of a little scrappy yard, I saw a collection of bicycles which happened to belong to Tom's dad. Kind as they are here, he made my day and said I can choose any bicycle I wish to take back to Manhattan with me. I felt like a little kid in a toyshop, and there, between all the other stuff, my old bicycle called out! Ah! Isn't he lovely!
Ok, so anyway, while we packed out pick nick basket, and went on the water, old scrappie went to bicycle hospital for a few repairs.
It was such a lovely day on the water, and I immediately decided to take up rowing again, I miss these long days on the water. And off course, we had no television to watch the world cup final, but no stopping us, we got batteries for a little portable radio that came in very handy for afternoon entertainment! We set up sail, and there, off we went- around hart island, high island...
Back on the island, we went for margaritas and shrimp coctails and picked up my new bicycle which was now ready for the streets of NYC!

No comments:

Post a Comment