Monday, June 28, 2010

Day 15


(After work today, I fell in love. With sunglasses. It was love at first sight passing the shop where they looked all sexy in the window. And for the first time I felt as thought I had no chance. However, I couldn't resist and introduced myself: "Hi, I am Nadine and I'm here to try on the sunglasses in the window, but, and hear me right, under no circumstances am I allowed to buy them." The sunglasses did not say anything, however was spoken for and replied " Holy fuck, these sunglasses are $15." Needles to say, this baby spoke my language. We're currently still much in love.)


Then I went to the New Museum on Bowery
street with Helette (it's free on a Thursday after 7PM) and saw an exhibition titled A Day Like Any Other, by a Brazilian artist called Rivane Neuenschwander. She plays with a lot of themes like time, life and love. The hanging buckets are filled with water and drips a few drops every now and then- this represents the idea of time in early day life where it took roughly 4 hours for a bucket to run out water. The colorful ribbons, in the other picture all have a wish printed on them. You're encouraged to pick one and tie it around your wrist and it falls off, legend has it that your wish will come true. There's also a man who, through numerous questions about your first love, sit and draws him or her for you- he seems to be right every time.
Little Italy was the location of choice for dinner and wine to relax. Yolandi met up with us later and lead us to a few cool & highly recommended bars.

No comments:

Post a Comment