Thursday, August 5, 2010


I'm the proud owner of a catamaran whom I called $100 Catey

My dear friend Tom told me one day out on the water that apparently every winter people stop sailing because of the cold. And, because of high docking costs to keep their boats in the harbor they simple let them loose and some drift off. Tom's dad, who loves all boats, then goes and rescue a few to Tom's irritation and with the result being a backyard filled with small to medium boats. This made me think that, seeing that there's so many, I might as well push my luck and see if I can't have him sell me one under the table. So I started nagging and after a lot of that and dinners at my apartment, I finally conned Tom into selling me the catamaran, for, yes you guessed it, $100. So this Sunday, Tom, myself and Catey will be sailing off into the sunset... [And I want to mention that I'm turning into quite the sailor with my Sunday skipper classes...]

No comments:

Post a Comment